Veggie Pulse Aash
Aash is a thick soup made mainly with pulses and vegetables. It's a great dish specially when it's cold outside! Try this Veggie Pulse Aash recipe. It's very easy to prepare and tastes great!
- 1 TBSP oil (canola or olive oil are preferred)
- 1-2 medium onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups spinach fresh or frozen, chopped
- 2 cups parsley, dill, cilantro, mint and fenugreek chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas cooked or canned, low sodium
- 1 cup lentils cooked or canned, low sodium
- 1 cup red beans cooked or canned, low sodium
- 1 cup sour plums dried
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 pinch turmeric add spices of your choice
- 1 - Saute onion and garlic in a pan 2 - Add the vegetables and stir with garlic and onion. Let it stir-fry for 5-10 minutes. 3 - Add all the pulses. Saute for a few minutes. Then, add 10 cups of water. Let it simmer for 60 minutes or until thickened.